H4 ead change of employer

My spouse has an approved i140 from his current employer. He is going to change his employer in another 1 month . Will i be able to apply for a standalone ead with the current employers approved i140? Or should i wait for the new employer to file perm wait for it to get approved and then apply my ead? I have an approved h4 from the new employer

Thank u

You can use the approved I-140 to apply for H4 EAD.

1 Like

Hi, I applied H4 EAD with my spouse’s current I140 and it’s been 3 months. Now my spouse wants to change employer, would that affect my EAD application? What if my spouse’s employer withdraw I140?

If your EAD is not approved before your spouse change the employer, USCIS may send you RFE to submit the new H1B approval notice before approving the EAD.
If you are also applying for H4 extension of status along with the H1B transfer, then I would suggest filing for another EAD application along with H4 EOS.

If the I-140 is approved for more than 180 days, even if the employer withdraw, it won’t impact your EAD.