H4 EAD - H1B/H4 Extension Pending - Questions & Answers

@Kalpesh_Dalwadi It seems I made a blunder mistake. I wrote check to “U.S Citizenship and Immigration Services” Instead of “U.S Department of Homeland Security” I just sent package this afternoon… I believe it is better to resend the full application with proper check “pay to the order of” tomorrow right? instead of wasting time by waiting for denial / RFE right?

You can send another packet with correct check. USCIS may reject the packet back to sender if the check has wrong name or amount.

1 Like

They have cashed the first check… where I wrote “U.S Citizenship and Immigration Services” Instead of “U.S Department of Homeland Security” … Now I have to stop my second check … have to work with banker.

I’d also like an answer to this.

Seems they dint cash my second check… I got the receipt number. Safe side I submitted a “Check STOP” request to my banker as well… A USICS issued the H4-EAD receipt number… Hope I am good,

Hi @anil_am22 & @Kalpesh_Dalwadi ,

My H1b Extension is approved till 08/25, H4 is still pending.
I want to apply for H4 EAD (first time), my H4’s I94 is only till old H4 approval (08/22).

Can we send old I94 which is till 08/22 and expect the H4 EAD to be approved till 08/25 as my H1B is approved till 08/25?
Where can we mention the pending H4 extension receipt number? As we mention only H1B’s receipt number in question 29 ?

Please help.

Thanks,
Raghu

You will need to attach the copy of current H4 I-797 and the H4 extension of status receipt along with other supporting documents.

You can add comments in Part6. additional information on the form I-765.

2 Likes