H4 EAD News - Questions & Answers

This page has comments for:

1 Like

With the confusion around H4 EAD, is it advisable to apply for H4 EAD. I got my I140 approved last week and planning to apply for EAD.

Please let me know your thoughts

Hi @Vamsi_Krishna_Maring

Do not worry about the H4 EAD news at this time. Nothing is final and this drama is going on for last 2 years.

I strongly advise to apply for H4 EAD if you are eligible.

A post was merged into an existing topic: H4EAD to H1B change of status in lottery

Hi Anil,

My spouse got his I-140. Can I apply for H4 EAD at this time or I should wait to see what will happen to the H4 EAD decision? The Revoke rule affect the chances of H4 EAD approval and in case if gets approved, will they revoke the H4 EAD as soon as the rule is passed? Please advise.

Thanks

Hi @kalai

At this time, I suggest to go ahead and apply H4 EAD.

The H4 EAD revocation rule has been pending for 2 years now and there is no insight into when it will finally be released. You have enough time.

Go ahead and apply.

A post was split to a new topic: H4 pending, H1B approved with consular processing

A post was merged into an existing topic: EAD Processing Time 2020 - H4, L2, I-485 Questions & Answers

Can any one please help !
Original H1+H4+H4EAD had the validity till Mar 22. Had to travel India, reentered with expiring passport in June 21. Now I-94 getting expired in June 21. Renewed Passport and now applying for extension for all H1+H4+H4EAD . Since with all these H4, H4EAD delays, can H4 continue to work with previously approved EAD valid till Mar 22.

Please advice.

Thank You

H4 EAD card can be used as long as its valid.

Hi @anil_am22 ,
My employer is ready to sponsor H1B this year. What do you think? Is it good to stay with EAD or to take H1B route. I’m happy with the privileges we have with EAD(Changing employers without the need of sponsorship and also to stay with speciality occupation).
Thanks.

Hi,
When my husband applied perm, we have not enough time to get i140 so, h1 and h4 expired then we moved b1b2 status i140 process completed h1b also approved but now my b1b2 is pending, h4 pending could i apply H4ead? Because my old h4 expired last year October 2020, my current status which one don’t know all pending. I loss my confident i can’t go further step standing on line only. Any update on h4, h4ead.

Thanks,
Prema.