My current H4 is only valid until 2022,Feb 1st week. We filed H4 extension + H4 EAD concurrently with my spouse’s H1B application (premium processing) last week. But today, I realized that on I539 form, I did not answer the following question which is needed when filing concurrently.
**Part 3 Processing Information
Is this application based on a separate Petition or application to give your spouse, child, or parent an extension or change of status?
- Yes, filed with this form I-539
- Yes, filed previously and pending with U.S Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS).
Ideally, I should have chosen option number one ( Yes, filed with this form I-539) but I left this field blank.
Could you please advise me on my options here:
- Wait until H1 (premium) is approved and H4 receipt notice is received. Then, try contacting USCIS to update the form( not sure, if they would do so).
- Send a letter and corrected form to USCIS in support of existing application once receipt notice is received.
- File a fresh set of standalone H4+H4 EAD after H1 approval notice is received to be on the safer side. (considering my current h4 is valid only until 2022,Feb 1st week).
- Is it okay to file multiple H4 +H4Ead applications when you already have H4 extension in progress.
- Also, Let’s say I chose option 3 above and applied fresh set of H4 + H4EAD before feb1st 2022 - Will I be become out status in the event of my first filed H4 is rejected because of the form mistake?
OR will my status be valid because I filed my second application for H4 extension in time.