H4 Visa Holder travelling to US while H4 is in Transfer Phase

Hi Anil…
Hope you are doing well. My situation is, my spouse’s H1B is transferred to new company(but not re-stamped yet), its approved. I am in Canada now and my H4 visa(valid till Apr 2022) is currently in transfer phase and not yet completed, and it is not re-stamped as well, with the new employer.

Can I travel to US, with the old employer’s stamp in this situation while H4 transfer in progress? If yes then what all documents I need to carry.

Thanks a lot in advance…!

You can travel to the US using old H4 visa stamp. Carry new H1B approval copy.

1 Like

Thank you so much for the quick response, really appreciated.

Just one more thing, I have a plan to travel to US in Dec last week( for 1-2 week I will stay there). What if my H4 transfer(I-539) gets rejected, will I still be able to travel with old H4 stamp, which is valid till Apr 2022?

Also what if the H4 transfer(I-539) gets rejected while I am there in US, do I have to immediately leave US?

Thanks again and have a great day ahead.!

Hi Anil,
Happy New Year…!
Continuing to the above question, I have a plan to travel to US in Feb last week( for 1-2 week I will stay there). What if my H4 transfer(I-539 is in CASE WAS RECEIVED status) gets rejected, will I still be able to travel with old H4 stamp, which is valid till Apr 2022?

Also what if the H4 transfer(I-539) gets rejected while I am there in US, do I have to immediately leave US?