H4EAD expected approval time

Thanks @Anil.Gupta for your time and providing responses.

Its great help to us who are looking for guidance. Can we also submit ER via congress leader and senator at same time.

We reached to congress leader and senator at same time and got response from senator first so submitted documents to them…now also got response from congress leader.

So want to know if ER’s can be submitted from both offices at same time?

Hi @rar8189

You can submit as many expedite request as you want. My suggestion is to stick with one though.

Hi @Anil.Gupta,

I had applied H4 EAD for the first time. My case is in Vermont center. Its been 5 months and my case is outside normal processing time. But I am not able to raise a case inquiry request. I am getting the same response that my case is still under normal processing time.
Have you encountered such case before? What should be my course of action now?

Thanks in advance.

Hi @Parnal_Munghate

This is normal. Don’t worry. You are not alone.
Many people get this message as the dates shown on USCIS online website do not match with their real dates on the SR website (which is kind of real date in their internal system).

USCIS updates these dates monthly and quite often move them back.

So, my suggestion is to wait for couple of days and retry raising the request again. Unfortunate, that’s the only way.

You will be able to raise SR once the date in their internal system passes your case receipt date.

1 Like

Hi Anil,
I’m updating my case to help others. I received my EAD card 2 days before (09/10/2019). Key dates below.

06/21/2019 - Applied H1, H4 and H4EAD in premium (Vermont)
06/24/2019 - Receipts received
06/26/2019 - H1B Approved
07/12/2019 - Fingerprinting completed
09/06/2019 - H4, H4 EAD approved
09/11/2019 - EAD Card received (almost 2 months after fingerprinting)

Good luck everyone.
Thanks

2 Likes

Thank you for your prompt response @Anil.Gupta

hi, did you received your EAD? i applied on 17 th april and with the vermont center

Hi @Ranjushree

No, I am still waiting for EAD. But I was able to raise SR on 13th Sep end of the day. Just got the automated email and no new updated since then.

Hi @raghunath.nagepalli

Is your EAD processed ??? I am in the same boat.

Hi, I raised SR, so hopefully I may hear something soon. Same boat too, Good luck!! Let me know if you get to know.

1 Like

@Anil.Gupta your request to have your case expedited, referral number T1XXXXXXXXXXVSC, was completed. what does that mean as per your thought. v r hoping it did not got rejected?

Hi @rar8189

It only means that case officer looked at your expedite request. Untill, it says it was approved or rejected, it really does not mean anything substantial.

@Anil.Gupta thanks Anil. now we are seeing status as ‘Correspondence Was Received And USCIS Is Reviewing It’ for pending I765. do you happen to see on average the time for status to change after this kind of status to either approved or rejected? Does that means ER request accepted, we also reached out to senator office to submit ER?

Hi @rar8189

It is possible that your expedite request was approved. I am not sure though.

Hi ,Did you received your EAD?

No. Not yet. still waiting.

@Anil.Gupta Our expedite request did got approved. we used the letter template mentioned in this site and added\ all our scenarios due to delay in approval with needed proofs.

After reaching congress leader it worked out but it took more than 15 days to get response from USCIS. My congress leader need to reach out to them twice to get response. Thanks for all your help.

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: Apply H1- to H4 conversion, keep working on H1B while COS pending?

Hi
I would like to update my experience with H4 EAD application process.

Processing center : Vermont
Application received : 24 Sep 2019
Application Approved : 09 Dec 2019

My experience with the system has been satisfactory, given the official timelines are now between 5.5 to 7.5 months.

All the best to future applicants.

1 Like

Hi @sbharti
Was it a new h4 ead application or renewal