How many days will it take to get GC after PD gets current in Final Action Dates

QQ-Did you get the Medical RFE before the date was current ?

3 Likes

Yes, please refer the timelines. I have a colleague who filed in EB1 in December last year and EB1 got current in April this year. He received his biometric in last week of March but still haven’t received medical RFE. This may be just because USCIS seems processing cases based on when they were received and the sheer no.
of applications before his.

1 Like

Thank you for the detailed information. Would be great if you can please share you service center. Thanks again.

2 Likes

NBC at Lee’s Summit, MO.

2 Likes

Also, medical exam- did you have to take vaccines/shots (assuming you didn’t have the copies from India) or just a statement / judgement from Doctor helped in avoiding them ? Thanks

TDAP & MMR are the most common being administered if you don’t have vaccine record. They administer both at same time and do physical exam. They will also take blood & urine sample for drug test and communicable diseases like TB, Syphilis & Gonorrhea.

3 Likes

Hello @Kalpesh_Dalwadi What was your USCIS Notice/Receipt date please? Thanks

4 Likes

USCIS Notice/Receipt date 22nd October 2020.

3 Likes

@Kalpesh_Dalwadi - congrats for your GC. Thanks for great roundup on timings. I have few questions as below -

1. If the one does not have vaccination record from India - then how does that go?
  2. You mentioned “TDAP & MMR are the most common being administered if you don’t have vaccine record. They administer both at same time and do physical exam.” - by this you mean - US doctor where we will be going for physical exam for GC will give you TDAP and MMR shots at the same time and then give you records for it?
  3. Do we get the preferred US physician list for these shots and physical exam?
  4. Do we get the reports in our hands or is being directly sent to USCIS?

Kindly advise.

Thanks in advance.

1 Like

I already mentioned that in case you don’t have the record Doctor will recommend to administer TDAP & MMR. They will ask you if you already had chicken pox which is common in India. If yes, then they will skip Varicella.
Doctors know that vaccines like BCG, Polio, small pox and MMR are commonly administered in India so even if you don’t have record, it is ok. Check out page 12 on I693 which has a complete list of vaccines. Except MMR & TDAP (that the Doctor will administer you), Doctor will check the box ‘Not Age Appropriate’ for rest of the vaccines.

You can schedule with your nearest USCIS approved doctor from below link.

The doctor’s office will provide the I693 duly filled, signed and sealed in a cover (one I693 per applicant) and a copy for your record. You will need to ship the sealed cover along with the pink RFE letter to the address in the letter.

1 Like

Hi @Rajeev_Gupta2

Things will be smooth and easy if you can get any doctor in India to write the vaccination record for you as mentioned here.

1 Like

Thanks Anil. Appreciate your response.

1 Like

Thanks @Kalpesh_Dalwadi for your elaborate response. Appreciate it.

Thank you Everyone for all your replies. I hope i will hear some good news soon.

@Kalpesh_Dalwadi
What center was your case sent (and processed, if different from where it was sent) ?
USCIS processing times are varying based on where its being processed.

thanks for sharing all the details, very helpful indeed !!

Did your PD become current in May (June VB) or May VB? Thanks

1 Like

My PD became current in May VB.

1 Like

Mine was sent and processed at Lee’s Summit, MO.

1 Like

thanks @Kalpesh_Dalwadi !

1 Like

Hello , Greetings , @Kalpesh_Dalwadi Are you saying , you got the RFE for medicals even before your dates were current ? I am on EB3 Nov 2011 PD , which became current in July 2021 bulletin today - I already have received the EAD/AP - Wondering when will I now get the medical RFE and in interview date - Heard from a friend , there are people who are waiting for their interview dates for more than a year after being current , any inputs on this ?

1 Like