How to find a good american Employer after coming to US from Indian company?

Hi Anil,

I have a different question to ask. I have been in US for more than 5 months now and planning for a switch to a good American company (not the so called Desi companies).

For the last one month, I’ve been applying to different jobs in LinkedIn and other job portals like Dice, Monster, Indeed and CareerBuilder.

I’ve also uploaded my resume in those portals.

However, I haven’t received any call yet from the American companies. All I get calls from are the Desi Consulting Companies.

Technology wise I’m a SharePoint and .Net developer, which have quite a demand in the market. Could you please tell me that is my approach of searching jobs in US correct? Or is there a better way which I’m not aware of?

Thanks a lot. I would appreciate any help in this regard.

Hi Paul,
You are doing the right thing. The problem is that the direct client (American Company) jobs are quite few in number and that’s the reason behind not receiving the calls.
Keep trying and you will get a call someday.
Also, try reaching out to your network and you will be able to find a job much faster.

One more point is that more direct client jobs open up in first quarter of year i.e. Jan - Mar. Current season is a bit dull if compared to first quarter.
A lot also depends on your relocation open-ess. If you are comfortable relocating anywhere in US, you might get one faster.