How to get another ACS assessment for Software Engineer - 261313 when already assessed under Software Tester - 261314

Hi All,

Recently I got a positive assessment from ACS forSoftware Tester - 261314.
I have 491 - 85 offshore points and 190 - 75 offshore points.
However, since there are very less chance for getting an eoi for 261314 (given that, its not even in 189 job list), I would like to get assessed under Software Engineer - 261313

My problem is this.

• In my job role I do manual testing as well as automation
  • However, when providing reference letters for software tester, I only mentioned manual testing responsibilities.

If I am todo a second assessment for 261314 what should I do?

1. I can get reference letters from companies including my automation experience.
    Is that fine?

2. Should I include both my manual and automation experience in new letter?

For those who had done a second assessment, can you all guide me on how to change and submit new reference letters, since I had already submitted and got an assessment recently?

1. Third and last - Is it fine to stick into Software Tester and wait?
    Will there be any chance?

Any help is appreciated
Thank you :pray:

You can apply for new assessment with updated reference letters.

Thank you.
Will that be a problem, if I include Automation exp in reference letters? Will it make any suspicion? just in case.
The letters can be obtained from HR departments.

Thanks,

Hi Harsh,

I was searching for the all the posts related to ANZSCO 261314 as I was planning to start the application for the same. But was confused after seeing so many fellow aspirants in doubt around invitation as Tester.
Since you applied Jan’23, what is your opinion?

Would it be possible to get invite if applied as Software Tester?

Thanks.

Hey, so far I only got fron NSW 491. Had 90 points. Processed with it. So waiting.
There’s very less chance, I advice you to assess as a SE instead of a Tester if you have automation exp.
Good luck