How to get IRS Tax Transcript Online - questions and answers

Does any one get stuck at the mobile phone verification? I have tried multiple numbers but none worked!

Seems like IRS tries to validate Name to CallerID and our long Indian name get truncated beyond 11characters so validation fails.

Only alternative is to receive a code in postal mail, but seems like that also not possible right now as IRS is not mailing anything physically due to pandemic!

Seems like we are stuck with no transcript for I-944 :man_facepalming:

What network provider do you have?

You have to check the legal name that you gave to your provider like T-Mobile, Verizon, AT&T, etc. while signing up for service.

IRS validates the official legal record in your mobile service provider’s file with name and address on file to verify your identity. Everything should match.

You can check it online on your provider’s website to see if there is any mismatch or not.

As far as I know, it’s not the caller ID but the legal data that you gave.

I’m having the same issue and unable to resolve it. My address did change recently, but I’m unable to change it on the irs.gov.

If I request them by mail, it will go to the old address, any solutions?

Thank you.

IRS should give you the option of a new mailing address.

But, you will need to change address everywhere like the bank, credit card and phone to validate your identity correctly.