How to mark relevant or non relevant experience in EOI?

Hello Anil,

I need your help to mention work experience in EOI. Please check my ACS result below:

The following employment after 01 March 2016 is considered to equate to work at an appropriately skilled
level and relevant to ANZSCO Code 261212 (Web Developer).
Dates: 03/14 - 02/18 - 3 year(s) 11 month(s)
Position: Web Developer
Employer: XYZ

Dates: 04/18 - 10/19 - 1 year(s) 6 month(s)
Positon: Web Developer
Employer: ABC

How do I add my experience in EOI for the XYZ company?
As I will not get any point for XYZ because it’s less than 3 year, is it mandatory to add this experience as RELATED in EOI or not?

If I mark it as NO, will the case officer doubt on this or it should be YES?

Thank you,

Rajan Saini

You need to mention the XYZ company experience after 01 Mar 2016 as “related” because you are assessed by ACS for that. Adding ABC company will make your total experience of 3.6 years which will get you 5 points for GSM and the skillselect (EOI) will count it automatically.
You can mention XYZ exp prior to 01 Mar 2016 in the EOI but mark it as “not related”.

Case officer do not look at your EOI. The system picks it up automatically if an invite is issued on that EOI. And after that you need to show proof of the points claimed while filling your Visa application or state sponsorship application (for 190).

Thank you for your reply, my ABC company experience is from Australia so I don’t think that will add with Indian experience. So the Indian skilled experience will remain around 1 year and 11 months. That’s why I was asking if I can skip this ( mark as NOT RELATED ) I may no need to show the proof of this experience. Because I will not get any point for that. Do you still think it’s necessary to mark as RELATED?

Is the experience prior to 1 march is mandatory to mention in EOI or I can skip this?

Thank you,
Rajan

If you are not gaining any points from this ABC company experience, then marking it as either “related” or “not related” will not make any difference.

Yes, you should mention it irrespective of the fact whether you are gaining any points out of it or not.

Thank you so much for your help. Just last question. Please let me know which example is correct from below one
Example A)

Start Date: 01/03/2014

End Date: 29/02/2016

Related: NO

Start Date: 01/03/2016

End Date: 02/02/2018

Related: YES

Example B)

Start Date: 01/03/2014

End Date: 01/03/2016

Related: NO

Start Date: 02/03/2016

End Date: 02/02/2018

Related: YES

Thank you

Example B is correct since your employment after 1st Mar 2016 has been assessed as positive so the start date should be 2nd Mar 2016.

1 Like

Hello Pooja/Anil - In EOI, there is a field in “Employment” section

for this field - "Is this employment related to the nominated occupation? "- I have given this as Yes for all my employment entries and my points increased from 70 to 80

Following is my ACS Result:

The following employment after 19 October 2019 is considered to equate to work at an appropriately
skilled level and relevant to ANZSCO Code 261314 (Software Tester).

Dates: 10/13 - 10/18 - 5 year(s) 0 month(s)
Position: Quality and Performance Senior AnalystO/ QA Lead
Employer: 1

Dates: 10/18 - 02/20 - 1 year(s) 4 month(s)
Position: Consultant
Employer: 2

In the “Employment” section in EOI, should I keep it as yes or No I mean should this section be in sync with the ACS experience assessment or will DHA verify with ACS on this ? Please suggest!

Read the above thread.

1 Like