Husband on L1, Wife from L1 to L2 (or) Husband from L1 to H1, Wife from L1 to H4

Both me and my wife are currently on L1-B visa. I have my H1 CAP (Consular petition) & I-140.

My wife is planning to switch to a dependent visa with EAD (L2 or H4). Which transition is better for my wife to avoid any employment breaks with her current employer?

Husband: L1 -> H1, Wife: L1 -> H4, H4 EAD
Husband: L1, Wife: L1 -> L2, L2 EAD

None of the options can avoid the work break.

Choos anyone that you like.