I-130 Application for unmarried child above 21

I received my employment based GC and I am filing i-130 for my unmarried son who is above 21. At present my son is on F1 visa in USA. My question is regarding the selection for question 61 and 62. What should I select, AOS or Consular Processing? Can I change or modify the selection later on when the priority date is current if needed (i.e. if my son moves back to India after completing his studies). Your advise is greatly appreciated.

Your case is exactly same as mine. I selected AOS as my son is on F1 however if later on your son is not present in the US you can request consular processing.
You have to file Form I-824, application for action on approved petition, after the approval of I-130. This may take up to 1 year to transfer the file from USCIS to NVC

1 Like

Thank you for the information.

I have few questions about the I-130 form.

I strongly recommended not to share your number publicly and ask for favors privately either.

If you have a need that needs private discussion for legal matters, it is better to hire an attorney for your needs.

Okay, I will keep that in mind