I 140 porting in case of Successor in interest?

Thank you Kalpesh!
I thought PP is only for fresh I-140 applications only not for amendments.

You can do PP for amendment however many times it may get rejected as it is not filed with the original LC. In such cases you can file amendment and then upgrade to premium processing after 30 days. Sometimes it may take few tries before USCIS will accept PP.

I read elsewhere about the 30 day window before which it can be upgraded to PP as well. Do you know if it’s 30 days after filing or 30 days after we get the receipt? Either ways, happy to hear that’s an option.
Thanks!

@Kalpesh_Dalwadi

Thank you for your detailed response on this post.

I am currently serving my notice with company B who is successor of the company A who got approved I-140.

Company B got my I-140 amended as successor and received approval yesterday. I wanted to reconfirm and possibly get any resource if you can share to confirm that 180day rule doesn’t apply to Company B as even if they withdraw nothing will happen to I-140.

Please respond asap.

Thank you.

Once you have an approved I-140 that wasn’t withdrawn within 180 days, you can use that for any future AC21 extensions with same or different employer. So even if employer B withdraw you should be good.
Generally speaking, employers don’t care to withdraw I-140.