I have a situation and not sure how to move ahead with it.
- I was married got my Green card
- After 2 years of conditions me and my Ex filed for I-751(Jointly) to remove my conditions and during the process we got divorced.
- I filed I-751 ( Basis of Good faith marriage)
- My 1st I-751 was approved and i was issues a green card .
- I contacted my lawyer and told him that 2nd I-751 petition is still in process and requested him to withdraw, but my lawyer informed that USCIS will automatically drop the 2nd I-751 as i have been issues a green card.
- This month i received a letter to appear for an interview on my 2nd I-751 to remove conditions - I contacted my lawyer and he was surprised too see USCIS still was working on that case.
- Now we have send a Affidavit to USCIS providing my 1st I-751 (GC Approved) & 2nd I-751 ( Interview), requesting to withdraw the 2nd I-751.
My question now is " what would USCIS do now"? I am worried and same way having sleepless nights thinking about the hoops i mights have to go again.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.