I539 H1 to H4 COS rejected due to incorrect filing fees

Hello,
my spouse’s H1B extension got RFE and have time till oct (plus 60 days extra due to covid) to respond to rfe, but his i94 expired on 8/5. So to be on safer side and avoid travel back to india, we filed his h1 to h4 COS (as I am on h1 too) and it was received by usics on 8/5 (same day as the i94 expiry).

But today we got a letter from uscis (one page - i797c) saying the I539 is rejected because of incorrect filing fees, and also the notice date in that is 8/14.

So my question here is - can we refile the i539 and correct the fees, using the same receipt notice given in the rejection letter?

Also this i539 was filed by my spouse’s employer so they say, the correct fees was sent, so not sure why we got this.

New application will get a new notice and receipt date unless USCIS has mentioned any exception in their letter.

The correct H4 COS fee can be checked here.

Hello Anil, thanks for the response. The rejection notice that came was I797C just 1 page and it mentioned to “resubmit the application with the correct fees”. Now that i94 is expired, can I still re-submit with the corrected fees, and reference that receipt notice?

You can try but chances are low that USCIS will consider the delay.

we got a letter from uscis (one page - i797c) saying the I539 is rejected because of incorrect filing fees

So my question here is - can we refile the i539 and correct the fees, using the same receipt notice and same documents given in the rejection letter?