Impact of Covid-19 in Aus PR process?

Hello,

What is the impact of Covid-19 on the Aus PR process? Are they still accepting new applications (EOIs) and conducting their draws as before? If not, what are the dates when they are likely to start both?

Thanks,
Rahul

The impact is probably going to be severe as the economy is in trouble.

Hi,

I have 75 points for 262113 lodge last year Aug 2019 , what you think any chance of invite?

Are they still accepting new applications (EOIs) and conducting their draws as before? If not, what are the dates when they are likely to start both?

You can submit your EOI for 189/190/491 anytime. The only thing coming between your EOI and an invitation will be the waiting time. For Subclass 190, States won’t send out nominations until they get their annual quota from federal government for this fiscal year. The most probable assumption is that it will resume after October, 2020 as the annual budget will be presented in that month.
For subclass 189/491, DHA is still sending invitations on a monthly basis but the invites are targeted at the occupations critical for the economy. Please see the below link for 189/491 rounds update.

https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visas/working-in-australia/skillselect/invitation-rounds

Hey there!

No one can predict invites but seeing the trend of DHA for 189, only 90+ points are being invited since the last 5-6 months. And I guess your job comes under the pro-rata occupations, isn’t it? If yes, then tbh with 75 points, there wont be any chance of invite for your job code.

If you are really interested for PR and can invest both time and money then it would be good if you can increase your points in total (NAATI/ PTE-Superior score/Spouse skill & English), that will improve your chances but again nobody can guarantee.
Thanks!

Hi,

Ok , I currently applied for SC190 under ANZCO code 262113 in NSW and is it possible to get NAATI outside Australia?

Thanks

Yes. Because of COVID, NAATI CCL can now be attempted online. You will have to see for the dates on their website as I think the latest dates you might get will be for Nov/Dec only (if the slots are still left).

A post was split to a new topic: Telecommunications Network Planner – ANZSCO 313213