In Nov, with change in points to everyone’s application, will ‘Date of Effect’ be affected?

Hi Anil,

Quick question. After November, with change in points to everyone’s application, do you think the ‘Date of Effect’ will be affected?

Thanks

Hi @ram_krishnan

Date of effect is changed automatically if the points change as of today. I am assuming that it will be the same in November too.

Hi Anil,

Are you implying that all dates of effect for all applications will be reset from November? Someone who applies in November and another who has been waiting for 8 months would essentially start afresh? I understand if the applicant increases the points, it resets from the date of updation but that can’t be true in this case can it?

Thanks

Hi @ram_krishnan

I said that ‘date of effect’ will change if the points change. If the points do not change, the date of effect should NOT change.

Off-course, it is fair on other people’s part that the date of effect changes if your points are increasing and you get new place in the queue.

1 Like

Yes Anil, I get that. My question is that points are going to change pretty much for every single individual (only with few exceptions) from November with the new point system for single / spouse visas (I am asking about 189). According to the current idea of ‘DOE getting reset only if there is a point increase’ will apply to every single applicant (exisiting and new). As you had mentioned an excerpt from iscah in your website, 34% are singles (10 point increase) and 66% are married (5 - 10 points increase). This means everyone gets a point increase, thereby resetting everyone’s DOE to November.

It then means a person waiting for ITA for eight months will be on the same boat as a person waiting only for one month (assuming both have same points) as both their points increase.

Is that right?

1 Like

Hi @ram_krishnan

It should be. Australia immigration has not specifically clarified if the DOE will change for everyone or not.

In the absence of any official information, I have assumed that the process of changing DOE should remain same.

I will update on my article as soon as I hear anything though.

Thanks Anil. Looking forward to any updates regarding this!