IRS Stimulus Payments Questions & Answers

https://www.am22tech.com/irs-stimulus-payment-faq/

so i hear a lot of folks on H1 claiming the stimulus payments…is that even legal??

Yes it is…as long as you qualify against the set criterias
This stimulus is for everyone filing taxes and have individual income of $75000 or less.

or family income of $150k or less
provided the spouse of the H1 holder has SSN…ITIN doesn’t work

Hello,

I have already filed my 2019 tax return and it is complete but as there was no federal tax refund expected, so my tax consultant did not mention my bank details in the 2019 return form. But in 2018 filings I had some federal tax return and in the 2018 tax return form my bank details were correctly provided. Myself and my wife both have SSN we do joint filing every year. So will IRS do direct deposit of stimulus amount to my bank account or I might expect a check later on. Please provide your comments.

IRS will contact you if they do not have your contact details. Most probably, if you have not given any bank account in 2019 return, they should send check to your address on the return.

They have also told that they will give time to provide your bank details once they are ready to send money.

Do we have any option of confirming h1b SSN and h4 ITIN case which received stimulus payment as mentioned in the post??

I do not understand your question. What do you mean by confirming? Please elaborate.

I did not yet receive and i filed jointly with spouse ITIN. When can i expect to receive it? My friends whose spouse have SSN already received it.

HI @A_D

Read this:
https://www.am22tech.com/irs-get-my-payment/

Hi @Anil.Gupta

i saw you mentioned about H1 (SSN) + H4 (ITIN) case also receiving the stimulus check. Is it somewhere mentioned in the government website or did someone with this case confirmed that they received the check ?

Yes i have same question. Has anyone received in this category?

Hi @Arun & @A_D

I have clearly mentioned that people have confirmed that they have received it. I have shared the information only after confirmation.

Thanks for sharing. Do you know if anyone from Florida received and people from which states have already received?

@Anil.Gupta Thanks for your confirmation

I filed 2018 (Jackson Hewitt) and 2019 (TurboTax) just a few weeks ago, 2019 is still processing. Yesterday morning on Wednesday I used the Get My Payment, they had not sent it.

I updated my direct deposit, I used agi and refund from 2019 and it said if 2019 is still processing try 2018 info.

I did use 2018 tax info to verify and it let me update my bank info. At some point late yesterday it wouldn’t let me check, probably max number of logins.

Its saying the same thing all day today. If it goes 24 hours since your last successful login then it should work by now but it hasn’t.

In any case, I know they did a majority of deposits Wednesday, does anybody know if they are continuing to deposit every day or waiting for some date to do another round of deposits all at once.

I would think that since millions of people updated their bank info on Wednesday they would be trying to get all those people paid but I haven’t heard of anybody getting a payment since Wednesday.

Keep checking bank but nothing so far and I can’t get any recent status from get my payment until they let me check again.

Hi @Anil.Gupta

IRS website this time mentioned clearly its require valid SSN number but did not talked about in detail like below 2008 reference. I also checked with many of my H1B family friends who filed last tax with ITIN and all of them confirmed that they have not received any payment and IRS get my payment tool is returning “Payment status not available”. Its look like matching with 2008 below reference and felt is unfair. They should have at lease treated like single payment as per your article. So Anil, you may need to check with your sources to make sure they all filed last tax return with ITIN. They might have got ITIN after that but not yet used for TAX return.

I have not read anywhere else like your article confirmation on ITIN and H1b combination peoples are receiving the payment.

Here is official IRS Q&As from 2008.

Q. I have an ITIN, but my spouse has a valid Social Security number. Can we get a payment?

A. In most cases, if you and your spouse file a joint return, you will not get a stimulus payment. There is only one exception to this rule: If either you or your spouse is a member of the U.S. military, you will get a payment in November. If your spouse files a separate return, your spouse may qualify for a payment, based on his or her income deductions and credits.

Q. If I have a valid Social Security number and my child has an ITIN, do I get extra money for the child?

A. Generally speaking, no. You cannot get the extra credit for your children unless everyone listed on the return has a valid Social Security number. This includes you and your qualifying children. If you file a joint return, your spouse must generally have a valid SSN as well. The only exception is when at least one of the spouses is a member of the Armed Forces.

Hi @Anil.Gupta,

IRS also updated Q14 in latest QandA after i posted above message. Here is the link. So request you to update your article. Excluding entire family is unfair.