Is work experience letter needed from spouse's employer if not claiming partner points?

Hello Anil

Hope you are doing great ! I am in the process of filing 190 visa. On Form 80, there is a section where we provide our employment details. My wife has worked in India for 4 to 5 years on and off. I am not claiming partner skill points for her. We do not have work experience letter from her employer and its hard to get now as we do not stay in India and its been a while.

If i provide the employment information, will the CO ask for verification like work experience letters, payslips etc later?
If this can cause issues, is it better not to provide the employment information since we do not have the documents to support as of now?

Hi @Arpan

CO will not ask for spouse work experience letters if you are not claiming spouse points.

You can write about spouse’s jobs in form 80 with no issue.

Thanks a ton Anil for the quick reply.

1 Like

Hi @Anil.Gupta ,

I will be registering my EOI soon with me as the primary applicant and spouse - civil engineer.
Now in case of civil engineer, the skills assessment will be done by Engineers Australia. To claim partner points isn’t skill assessment + english score enough or will the employer reference letters also be needed?

Could you please provide a link that explains all the documents required for spouse?

Thank you.

Hi @Saby_H

Spouse skills assessment and English test score is enough to claim points.

1 Like

Thank you so much for your response.

1 Like