L2 EAD pending while L1 extention denied

Hi Anil,

I need your suggestion on my case. I have applied for extension of L2 - EAD and the receipt date is Feb 25 ,2019, receipt number : SRC191105**** . My spouse is the primary applicant and his L1 status(I -94) is valid till June 23, 2021 and so is mine( L2). My EAD extension application was submitted along with my spouse’s L1 extension and my L2 extension in one bundle together in premium processing.
However his L1 extension petition got denied after RFE and his organization has plans to refile petition showing additional evidences on his roles and responsibilities. In the mean time my EAD has not been processed till date. It shows the same case status as “case was received” and no progress even after 155 days.
My query here for you is: Does USCIS hold my EAD without processing, because the primary applican’s L1 extension has been denied. However please do note that myself and my spouse have valid status(I-94) till June 2021. How do we get this information cascaded to USCIS to get the EAD processed. Any suggestion/advise on this.

Thanks
Sri

Hi @srimaha

L2 extention and L2 EAD cannot be approved until the primary L1 extention is approved.

Since, L1 extention has been denied, the L2 and EAD will be denied soon.

Hi Anil,

Does EAD approval not happen based on primary applicant and my status in the US with valid
I- 94 till June 2021. As my spouse is working on the basis of his I 94 validity.

Thanks
Sri

Hi @srimaha

It depends on when the current L1 Approval ends. Your husband won’t be able to work if the extension has been denied and current Approval expires.