Mexico (Cancun) Travel Experience for I-94 Extension - IMP Please read - Bumpy ride - Happy ending

Hi Vijay,

I have a question about the I94 extension for H4 EAD Auto Extension.

My Wife’s H4 & H4 EAD expiration Date is Sept 14th,2022 and I94 expiration date is Sept 24th, 2022

She is planning to travel to Mexico By Air a week before her Visa expiration and travel back to the US on the same day.

In this case, Mexico’s immigration team will allow her into Mexico?

In USA Immigration what kind of questions we will get from CBP officers?

Thanks,
Rajesh

If I understand correct, she has valid VISA ( stamp in passport) and I 94 till Sep 24th. (Please don’t travel to Mexico without Valid US VISA / Canadian VISA / Mexican VISA / European VISA). I suggest travel bit early, do not wait till last week. Most probably it will work out, it worked for all the people which I knew, but always there is 20 - 25% risk which we should accept. Means she will be allowed in to USA, but the getting I-94 extended is purely depends on the CBP officer. She should explain in case if officer raises concerns. Please take the printouts of Automatic Visa revalidation page from Travel website.
All the very best.

Hi Vijay,

Thanks for your reply.

H4 VISA Expiration date: Sept 14, 2022
I 94 Expiration Date : Sept 24, 2022

She is planning to Travel on Sept 10th, 2022.

Thanks,
Rajesh

Hi @anil_am22,

Can you please share a post or article on process to get the Mexican Tourist Visa from within USA?

Regards,
AN