Never received H4 receipt due to Address change

Hi Anil,

My employer A for which I have put the H1B extension in Jan 2019 and simultaneously provided I539 to them for my wife’s H4 extension. ( H1B extension got RFE and it was never responded)

Never received any notice for the same.

Also applied transfer of H1B with employer B and provided them I539 form and once I got my approval I moved from my address so never got any receipt of H4 extension in this case as well.

Now I have approved I-94 but my wife has an expired I-94 and I don’t know what is going on with the employer B’s I1539 process.

Can you please suggest what I should do here.

Thanks,
KY

Hi @Ktemp_Ytemp

Do you know that you need to update your address non USCIS website by filling form AR11 within 10 days of your move?

You should have given your employer or attorney or a friend’s address if you had plans to move.
Or you should have notified USCIS to send new mails at new address.

Nobody can help you if you do not inform USCIS or so something that can tell them your new address.

Now, you should call USCIS and ask for sending a duplicate copy of H4 receipt.

You should have ideally not waited till H4 i94 expiry to take any action.
In case USCIS has not received your application or have not generated the receipt number, then H4 cannot stay on US past i94 expiry.

Thanks a lot Anil for prompt response.

As I don’t have the receipt number, what should I tell Uscis upon calling them.

Also, is the a way I could file a new extension for my wife?

Thanks,
KY

Hi @Ktemp_Ytemp

You cannot file an H4 extension now if i94 has already expired.

You have to ask USCIS using your H4’s details if they can locate your application.

Hi Anil,

Thanks for your response. I was wondering if I can send my wife to Canada and using my H1B approval can she stamp her visa there and come back…
Can you please advise.

Thanks,
KY

Hi @Ktemp_Ytemp

Yes, going to Canada and getting H4 visa stamp is a good option.