New H4EAD while current one is pending

Hello,

I have applied for H4 Extension in May 2021 and H4 EAD extension in July, 2021 using H4 Receipt copy. I got an RFE for H4EAD in October, 2021 asking for my H1B approval copy. I replied to them on Nov, 10, 2021 and they received on Nov 11, 2021. Till now I did not get any updates. Meanwhile my H4 got approved in Jan, 2022 and I did send the H4 approval copy as an Interfile document to my H4 EAD case, but nothing so far. I tried to create multiple service requests and they don’t respond to that. I am thinking somehow they are not looking at my H4 EAD case.

My question is, can I file a new H4 EAD application using my H1B and H4 approval? Will it effect the existing application as the documents will be same? The reason I want to do is, so, at least at some point they might process my new application.

Any suggestions please and thanks for your time.

Did you try talking to a live agent to put in an expedite request via Emma the chatbot?

Hello Kalpesh, Thanks for the response.

I created few service requests, but, they just reply that we have contacted the case officer and wait 60 days. I did not create expedite request because I don’t think i will qualify for their expedite request, like working in health care and all that stuff. I also contacted congressman and they submitted a request last week, not sure what happens to that.

Looking if there are any other options?

Regarding my other question, any suggestions?

“Can I file a new H4 EAD application using my H1B and H4 approval? Will it effect the existing application as the documents will be same? The reason I want to do is, so, at least at some point they might process my new application.”

I would not suggest applying for another EAD as there is no guarantee your new application can be processed faster than your existing.

This is the next & last step after the follow-up with USCIS and this may help.

Thanks Kalpesh, Appreciate your response.