Passport Applications on Hold

2007 Birth Certificate issued
2011 Name Change
Note: Kids had a name change & submitted all documentation to Bhopal Passport Office
2011 Passport issued
Note: Name in Passport does not match Birth certificate due to name change in 2011

2016 Passport application processed by CKGS
2016 Passport reissued by SFO Indian Consulate
Note: Name in Passport does not match Birth certificate due to name change in 2011

2021: Passport application on Hold by VFS
Name change affidavits are already provided.

VFS is asking me to provide Matching Birth centificate, which I can not provide due to name change.

I have asked VFS to escalte the issue wiht indian consulate, they have not respnded from last week so far.

According to me VFS should have submitted the applications to consulate, but they are not ready to process. apart from these VFS is charging me huge bills for talking to customer service. Its a big rip-off.

What are my options to get the passport reissued?

Not sure what is the question here. Can you elaborate?

VFS Kept our applications on hold, stating mismatch of names with Birth Certificate due to name change done in 2011.

They have escalted the issue with embacy, but not received any response last 7 days. What are my options.

If VFS has already taken action, you can only follow up with them and embassy/consulate. Also, if they ask for any more info or doc, provide them promptly. Other than that you can only wait.

1 Like