Pending I-485, Biometrics notice 2nd time

Hello,

I filed my I-485, EAD and AP application in Oct 2020 along with my husband as his dependent. We both had received the biometrics notice with appointment in June 2021 which we completed on the scheduled date/time. Today I have received another notice for biometrics scheduled for Sept 2021 and I dont quite understand what the next step for me is.

Since our first appointment in June 2021, my husband’s case status showed biometrics was applied but for me the status never changed beyond ‘Fingerprint Fee was received’. I attributed this to the huge backlog of applications and not really a problem with my biometrics that were taken.

Any recommendations on next steps? My husband’s final action date is current since the July 2021 bulletin, will this cause delays for receiving our medical RFE?

This is odd…
You may open a case and let USCIS agent know that you already submitted the biometric however make sure you attend the other biometric appointment that you have received. No show can get your application to be denied.

1 Like