PERM Denial discussion

Thanks a lot Anil. really appreciate your help!

Hi Anil,
Attorney told there is some standard audit for my case , but when I search at your portal it says status pending . Expected date 5 August or before . Is it correct date or just based on count of days after filling . Mine was filed on March 15, 2019.

Hi @Abhi

This page tries to estimate pending cases based on case numbers around your case and their approval time.

If your case is stuck in Audit, this estimated time is not applicable for it as it depends on when your employer will respond to audit.

The audit case is also shown as ‘pending’ on this page.

Good Moning @Anil.Gupta,

could you please help to check the my Perm case status again ? A-18 303 35263
thank you!

Hi @SURESH_CHAGANTI

You can check the status yourself on the perm processing time page.

Are you facing any issue?

Hi Anil, thanks you, i was not aware of that page and thank you for sharing it. from the first screenshot, i was under impression that the expected decision is on or before Aug 5th. thats why i am checking with you. i see this(screen short attached) from the link you have shared, and my case is filed in Dec 2018 and perm processing website says that it is not currently processing Jan 2019 audit cases, which means my case might have processed already, but i still see pending status. (mine also has audit review)

. could you please suggest me the next steps. thanks a lot for your help!

Hi @SURESH_CHAGANTI

Not all cases get processed at the same time.

It depends on how fast your employer has submitted the PERM audit response too.

If your case reaches a result, the same page will show the result too.

Hi Anil,
My initial PERM got denied and I am not sure about the reason. My employer filed PERM again on 7/27/2019. Still I am waiting for the result. So my doubt is my cousin is my employer. so we both share same family name (surname).
Do you think this might me the reason for first time PERM denial ?
Please let me know.

Thanks You,
SV

Hi @lohitasa

I don’t think your last name is the issue until there is something suspicious in the PERM application.

If your cousin is your employer, you can ask for the reason of PERM denial. Isn’t it?

Hi Anil,

Somehow he is not telling me the reason I believe.
So here are my other details:
Enterted into US on: 06/28/2015
H1B Max out on: 06/28/2021
365 day count starts from: 06/28/2020

I am thinking to change the employer by filing H1 transfer then will ask new employer to file PERM. Not sure if this a good decision.

I am positive this time. But in the worst-case scenario, can you please suggest me what are my options if PERM gets denied again this time?

Thank you.

Hi @lohitasa

Options will depend on your situation and the PERM denial reason.

I would be making a wild guess until we know the denial reason, which is useless.

You cannot solve an error until you know the problem.

Hello Anil,

My perm case is filled on Dec 15th 2019 ,but due to COVID 19 it’s keepS on getting pushed around month ahead,last time I checked on your website it says expects approval before 2nd April ,again it pushed back to 23rd April ,again to 2nd May and now it says 2nd June 2020.

My H1b is maxing out on Oct 31 2020.

Just afraid what’s goin to happen

Where you get data from and how you know exactly when approval will come ?

The service is using its artificial intelligence to find an expected date based on other case approvals that have been found online (as reported by users on various forums) and the data available from DOL.

It is an estimated date and it can change everyday based on daily data that the service finds.
Your case may get approved earlier than that too.

Hi Anil, please give some feedback based on other cases experience. what are the chances of DOL reversing its decision in the below case

Perm applied on XX-FEB-2020.
Received Audit on XX-AUG-2020
Submitted audit response XX- Sep 2020
Received Perm Denial on XX-Jan-2021,

Denial reason: salary amount in PERM postings is incorrect.

Attorney found when material submitted as part of the audit response, there was a small typo in the listed salary on the PERM form. Now they filed a motion to reconsider the denial.

Should be approved if it was a genuine mistake.