PERM pending for more than 5 months? What are my options?

Hi Anil, I have not received any update from USCIS as per my lawyer.
1.Is it mandatory USCIS must provide some update on perm within 6 months?
2.If i raised SR after 6 months, how long will USCIS take to respond?

PERM is issued by DOL and not USCIS.

You do get PERM approved within the timelines. If it is pending for more than normal time, you can always ask for status update.

my perm is in pending since more than year. I am not sure when can it to be approved.

Hi @kishore_k

Did you check your PERM case status using PERM case number here:

1 Like

Hi Anil,

Yes. I am checking this site everyday to check my PERM status.

it is always showing pending status.

Thanks,

Kishore

Hi @kishore_k

Good that you are checking. If the case status changes, it will show up as data is updated everyday.

The final update of my story was: My perm was never filed in the first place and i got to know this only after 7 months and i was waiting for perm. It was human err or machine error that ack email was not received.

However they reapplied and got my Perm approved and I140 but had to go through the tough ordeal. Please confirm the ack email after perm is applied.

1 Like

Hi,

My PD is 09/19 and my maxout is on April 1st week 2020. My perm is not approved yet. I only have a month of recapture days. What should be my best course of action? If I return to my home country after max out is there any cooling period before my extension can be filed?

Thanks

Hi @papaihere

I already answered a similar question above earlier:

Thanks Anil. But can you put some light on the cooling period? I am highly confused about it. Many are saying I need to wait for an year if I exhaust my 6 years here.

Thanks

1 Like

There is no cooling period required if you file H1B extension using either PERM or i140.

1 Like

Hi @Anil.Gupta, My employer was filed PERM 19 Jul 2019 for now I am still waiting, so It almost 8 months and what should I do?

Hi @Jukkapan

Please read the discussion above.

Hi Anil, My Employer filed my perm on jun 3rd, 2019 and got audit and i am still waiting for decision on it. it is more than 8 months now. My visa going to max out on jun 6th 2020.
Any advise here ? can i apply for extension after my 6th year completion on H1B if my perm is pending for approval ?

Hi @ni76

You can apply for H1B extension only if your PERM has been pending for more than 365 days.

Hi Anil,

My H1B six years is about to expire in a month and I received PERM audit today. What are my chances of coming back and when?

Hi @papaihere

Nobody can give you a timeline as audit processing depends on your Employer’s speed.

Hi I got Audit for my perm.It is for very generic reasons. My employer is sending the response ASAP. But how much time it will take to get the response for Audit cases. will it take 302 days to get a response?
I read people got response with in a month also. what is the avg time for generic reasons.

1 Like

Check the PERM audit processing time here.

Hi @anil_am22…my perm was filed in 3rd Nov 2020 and checked with attorney but they have informed me that still my case is in analyst review but could see that DOL is processing December 2020 cases and by today its 232 days which is 7 months 20 days. not sure what to do and what is probability of my perm approval and are there any delays at DOL.