PERM Processing Time 2019 Archive

Hi Anil,
My PWD was completed on June 10. Assuming that the recruitment process goes in my favor, what timeline should I look forward for my PERM approval. My Visa max out by October 2019.

Hi Anil, my perm process was filed on apirl 25th 2019 , when can i expect approval and apply for i140 ? Is there any way to track case number?

Hi @Ashish_Chaudhari

Please check the timelines given on the PERM tracking page.
I can give out any estimates only when your PERM has been filed and you have a filing date with you.

Hi @Dimos_Pradhan

You can expect your PERM approval anytime now. You are close.

Hi Anil,

PERM was filed by my employer on 22nd February, 2019. My case number starts with A-19036-XXXXX. Approximately when can I expect an approval for my case?

Hi @shruti_mahajan

You should have received your PERM approval by now as per my estimate. If not, then you are pretty close to getting one.

Did you get any updates??? Mine was filed on March 15 , still no update

Thank you @Anil.Gupta for your answer :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi Abhineet,

Am still waiting ā€¦ I didnā€™t get any updates from employer/attorney teamā€¦ (my case filed on March 14th )

Thanks,
Jay

Hi Anil,

Itā€™s 7+ months from the filing of PERM or 7+ months after audit reply?

Hi @utadamai

Yes, usually the time is from the PERM filing date but it can increase substantially if your employer takes too much time to respond to audit.

Hello Anil!

My perm was filed on June 17. And my H1B extension was filed may 12 (regular processing) at California. Iā€™m guessing I wont get a perm response until August.
Assuming my i485 is filed sometime in September (if perm approved) and I have my h1b extension approved as well by then, is there any risk to my green card petition if I plan to travel outside US towards the end of the year? (PS: I will be filing under EB3 Row)

Hi @RD92

I donā€™t see any issue if you plan to re-enter US using your H1B visa.

Hi Anil,

Thanks for setting up this blog. I have few questions around my Perm & PWD process. It would be great if you can answer them.

Scenario:
H-1B maxing out by Oct-2020. No approved I-140 yet.

Questions:

1. My PWD request was applied in the first week of May. When can I expect it to be approved?

2. When does DOL issue re-determination of PWD request ? I am currently being paid more than a level-4 salary for the SOC code and location. Do I still have the risk of DOL issuing a re-determination?

3. How long should be the recruitment process carried ?

4. My attorney has decided to start the recruitment activity after July 1-st week so that they can file the perm at least before 365 days of my max-out date. Do you foresee any challenges in this approach of doing recruitment before receiving PWD approval?

5. If the perm is filed before 365 days of max out period or in case of any audit, will I be able to get the 7th year extension in case if I donā€™t have the I-140 approved on time?

Thanks in Advance

Hi Ashish,

May I please know when was your PWD request submitted?

Hi Ritu,

Did you get your PWD approved. please let me know.
Thanks

Hi @deepu_kanna

Please read this article for PERM and GC process to get answers to most of your questions.

Thanks @Anil.Gupta. It answered most of my questions. But can you please let me know what you think of my PWD .

1. My PWD request was applied in the first week of May. When can I expect it to be approved?

2. When does DOL issue re-determination of PWD request ? I am currently being paid more than a level-4 salary for the SOC code and location. Do I still have the risk of DOL issuing a re-determination?

You can expect your PWD approval by July 2019 end if we go by current processing time.

The re-determination is requested by employer and not DOL.

Hi Anil,

My perm was filed on March 14th 2019, still am waiting for the decision. My max out is Sep 15 2019, so my question is, without Perm approval can we do 1 year extension (perm filed <365 days of my max out) ?