POA by Indian with US Green Card holder, Canadian passport living in USA

Hi Anil,

I am a Green Card holder living in the USA. I have a Canadian Passport only. Will the Indian Embassy allow me to use their services here in the US and attest my power of attorney to sell land back in India?

Yes, I think they will.

Anil, I’m US citizen holding OCI, living in CA. US CONSULATE website says they need POA Apostled from Sec of State CA.
Your steps say if holding OCI there is no need to Apostle.
Can you please calrify?


SFO Indian consulate needs Apostile for all. It does not matter if you are Indian citizen or US citizen or have OCI card.
Check this user experience on how to get apostile and then attestation done.