Power of Attorney for sale of car (on active loan) in India

I am staying in USA and at present visiting India for a couple of weeks. Can I give POA to my brother, so he can sell my car which is under a loan in Bangalore.

Do I need to create the POA in Bangalore or I can make it anywhere in India?

My brother should be able to do all the bank formalities (loan closure etc) in my absence.

Also, I would like to know, if SBI or other banks accepts the POA and treat them as actual owner.
Please suggest me, what and how shall I proceed.


You have to create at same place where the POA holder lives. You would need a valid address proof for yourself to create a POA.

SBI must have a POA format that you can use. You can ask them to share it with you.