Registered Power of Attorney In India, NRI Questions & Answers

Thanks for the helpful article. I have a query. I bought a flat in Pune and Sale deed was registered. Now the seller is out of India and ready to send power of attorney for Apartment Deed. Do I need to send Apartment Deed to him for his sign and get it attested along with PoA?

Hi @chash

The whole purpose of registered power of attorney is to help the owner sign on the sale deed using the person mentioned in POA.

Basically, the POA holder can sign on owner’s behalf. You would need the POA copy to safeguard your interest.
Make sure that the POA is a registered POA and not just an attested POA.

A post was split to a new topic: Power of attorney for SBI education loan by Indian embassy in USA

A post was split to a new topic: Send two POA from me & my wife or just one POA from me would be enough to buy property in India?

This is immensely helpful and clear for NRI’s vying to get their work done back in India. Even the information still holds good today. It is always better to check with government office prior.

Thanks Satish. We appreciate your feedback.

My dear AG.
My request is advise on the following:
My son & his spouse stays in USA likes to sell a property belongs to them in Bangalore for which they cannot come to Bangalore for the said purpose. Wish to sell the property on GPA. Can they get done a GPA in India by staying there in USA.

Yes, they can create power of attorney.