Request for guidance on pending H4 EAD extension

My H1B extension was applied with USCIS at Vermont service center on Sep 2020 concurrently with my wife H4 and H4 EAD extension.

My H1B renewal eventually got approved by USCIS

For my wife H4 extension, she did her biometrics on May 3 2021 and her H4 EAD and H4 is still not approved eventhough her biometrics review is complete.

We have raised numerous expedite request for H4 EAD with USCIS and it has been repeatedly denied. We also placed a Senator request but USCIS has not even responded to the Senator as well.

Will filing H4 EAD litigation help her to get EAD approved soon in this case. Is there anything we can do to get her H4 EAD approved. Its been 9 months since her H4 EAD has been filled with USCIS.

I would really appreciate any help or suggestions.

Except for the expedite request from the applicant or via Senator you dont have many options here. H4/EAD has been taking 10-12 months (2 to 4 months after Biometric), in some cases even more to get approved. Obviously people are losing jobs due to this delay and many have filed litigations in past however not sure how much that has helped the applicant. It could be a long and expensive battle so if you have that extra $$ and time, go ahead.

1 Like

Thanks for your response.

I think we just have to wait it out and hope for the best.

I appreciate your feedback

Kalpesh,
I came through this news: Does this mean that EAD is validated after its expiry? Could you please share your thoughts…

The policy update is for adjustment of status ( Green Card) EAD, which used to be valid for 1 year, and not for H4 EAD.