Self Sworn Affidavit - living outside India for 5 years - passport renewal

@pthm_s which bank may I ask ?
I am having difficulties in getting it done at the bank so this info would be very helpful thanks

1 Like

@rb77 Try Chase or Wells Fargo. Call up branches near you to confirm availability and get appointment before going. Not all branches have notary available.

Thanks
I already called these banks, but they all refused to notarize US address and Legal status.
Were you able to get these two things notarized at these banks?

I finally found a notary close to my home so paid him to notarize ($5 per signature). But I had called multiple branches of both banks and couple of them had agreed to notarize as I am their customer. Not sure where you are based out of, but if you are at SF, I can provide you notary’s number (if that helps).

1 Like

Go to your local UPS store- they will notarize for you

I am in NJ and I am a customer too of Chase & WF and had called them to ask. They told me they cannot notarize legal status and address proof. Some even asked what I am notarizing exactly on those
It would be interesting to know if anyone had success in notarizing the above two documents in particular from a bank.

That’s so bizarre. Well, in that case getting it done outside is the only option. Hope you find someone close to where you live or UPS (it’s expensive, though).

Any luck with this query.

In MA, my local credit union where I hold an account were able to notarize all documents, without fees.