Spouse immigrant visa - ceac status is showing refused

Hi @Anil.Gupta ,

My application has been in AP since Sep 2019 and now it shows “Refused”. But the updated date is March 9th, 2020. Is it negative or positive?
The text is the one mentioned in your post, the long one:

Hi @Don
Don’t worry. This only means form 221g admin processing.

I have verified it with real cases and two of them have got the visa approval even after this ‘refused’ status.

Do you know that you can file writ of mandamus to push US embassy to speed up your form 221g processing?

Hi @Anil.Gupta I have filed for mandamus as well. It’s been 1.5 months since we filed it. It could be that the mandamus has pushed the case to be looked at.

Anyways I wanted to learn about your opinion on the case last updated date which went from Sept 2019 to March 9,2020 yesterday.

Good sign? Or just random sign?

Hi @Don

Mandamus may not have anything to do with the status update as we saw the update for everyone around the world.

The last update change after mandamus usually means that your case is moving ahead to next step. You may hear some news soon.

@Anil.Gupta
Fingers crossed! It’s been a tough 6 months. Hope resolution is near.

1 Like

@Anil.Gupta
Was asked to submit passport today. So hoping it is a good sign.

A post was split to a new topic: H4 visa approved but yellow form 221g asked to wait till H1B i797 date

Did you get yoir visa afterwards my brother?

Can i please get your phone number. Or email address

Hi Anil,

I have the same status “refused” mentioned in ceac, but passport says it is dispatched. So can I say it is denied for me. Please help.

U.S. Department of State

NONIMMIGRANT VISA APPLICATION

Refused

Application ID or Case Number:
Case Created: 25-Mar-2021
Case Last Updated: 29-Mar-2021

A U.S. consular officer has adjudicated and refused your visa application. Please follow any instructions provided by the consular officer. If you were informed by the consular officer that your case was refused for administrative processing, your case will remain refused while undergoing such processing. You will receive another adjudication once such processing is complete. Please be advised that the processing time varies and that you will be contacted if additional information is needed. For more information, please visit TRAVEL.STATE.GOV or the website for the Embassy or Consulate at which you made your visa application.

Hey Anil!
Please brother I need your help.
My wife was interviewed on sep 2,2021 had all required documents and she answered all the questions correctly which she was asked and than she did her finger prints. After she was told everything is good and but your case was chosen to go in administrative processing and was giving back the passport with a yellow slip with a check mark on administrative processing therefore my wife asked why am I missing any documents and was told No all is good. So after her interview I checked her Ceac account said refused and still ongoing with administrative processing and every week I log i see only the Date changed were it says case last update but no change on the case status. Its been now a month since interview date and she had 3 Last case updates that changed but no update still saying refused. Please what can I do?

My suggestion is to wait. What is the normal processing time at the US embassy that she was interviewed?

Have they asked her to fill any form like DS-5535?

At the Djbouti embassy she was told processing time is usually from 1 weeks yo 2 months. And NO she wasn’t asked anything abt the