My husband lost his job on June 16th, 2020 - Status was H1B. He applied for status change from H1B to H4 dependent in early August 2020 w/ my employer but the application reached a date showing as December 17, 2020. Not sure, the delay was due to CV-19 or my employer’s attorney’s office sent the file late. Now, the H1B Visa expiring on 06/30/2021, and I-94 expiring on July 10th, 2021 w/ H1B.
- Are there any issues with the gap from employment lost to date - June 16th, 2020 to Application Accepted date: December 17, 2020. Also, applied EAD along with that.
- As he’s nearing the I-94 expiry date, is she legal to stay?
- Now, status change processing timings showing as 06/23/2021. Is there any way to expedite the H4 approval process?
- He’s attending the interviews. If at all he gets a job, what VISA she has to choose?
- For the above - If he goes back to H1B, and then gets H4 EAD future/sometime after this, can he choose H4-EAD?
- Is it a good idea to attend interviews or wait for H4-EAD?