Study Visa or PR

Dear Experts, I am willing to migrate to Australia and just started looking at the process. Further at this stage of life I am dubious about the way that I should follow to start the journey and the reason seeking your advise… Considering my case below would you please advise me the fast (best/easy/suitable) way to start the process.

• I am 31 years young, and going to complete (coming Feb and expecting result in March 2021) my master in nursing along with 3 years of medical experience and my spouse is 33 years young and having 10 years of experience in IT domain (he’s an engg graduate) now would you please advise me which way shall I opt for my journey to Aus (as a student or will I directly apply for PR from India) what will be the best suitable approach considering my case. Any leads would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Hello Simran,

Glad to see a fellow RN in this forum. I’m a RN in India and Australia and have applied for my 190-PR Visa in Mar 2020 but awaiting the grant.
Its been almost 3 years since I started my PR journey so be ready to wait. It will be a long journey but will be worth.

Considering your case, if you want to apply for PR pathway, as an overseas nurse, you will have to first get registered with AHPRA (Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia - Internationally qualified nurses and midwives). The process has recently changed. Earlier we had to do a bridging course of 12 weeks in order to gain Australian license as a RN. But now the procedure has become less time/money consuming. Please check it out. Only after gaining AHPRA license and a positive skills assessment, will you be eligible for PR pathway.

If you want to go for a study visa, thats another story altogether. If you go for another masters/certificate course in AUS, even after finishing that, you wont be able to work as a RN there unless registered with AHPRA. Once registered, the fight for PR starts again. Study visa will be an extra cost and seeing the closing of international borders in AUS, You cannot be sure when you will be able to travel and start the course.

Decision is yours to make. First of all, calculate your PR points here (Australia PR Points Calculator - TruVisa).
Also, read Chance of Invite Australia PR 2021 (189/190 state) - Australia

Wish you all the best!

1 Like