Travel - Valid Visa with an old employer

@Anil.Gupta

I m planning to travel to India - have a valid visa stamp valid till Dec with Employer A. Currently working for Employer C. As far as I know it’s safe to travel as long as I come back before stamp expires. I have to show the visa stamp with a new I797 approval letter so that the CBP officer puts I94 correct date which is valid for next 3 years.

@Anil.Gupta: Can you please advise regarding the above?

What’s the question?

@Anil.Gupta:

I m planning to travel to India - have a valid visa stamp valid till Dec with Employer A. Currently working for Employer C. As far as I know it’s safe to travel as long as I come back before stamp expires and CBP office would allow me back in - correct?. I have to show the visa stamp with a new I797 approval letter so that the CBP officer puts I94 correct date which is valid for next 3 years.

@Anil.Gupta
I m planning to travel to India with an H1B valid stamping (till Dec of this year - received almost a couple of years ago) on my passport from Employer A. I have switched jobs multiple times and currently working for Employer C with an I797 approval for the next 3 years. I think this proclamation doesn’t apply to me as long as I get back before the visa stamped expires - correct? Additionally if the embassy opens can get stamping on my passport based on this article - correct? Mai thing which I need to make sure while travelling back is that I provide i797 approval so that i94 dates put in by CBP officer is based on this not the old one - correct?

Everything has been clearly mentioned on the USA travel ban rules page and in the app.

@Anil.Gupta:

Thank you for the response - saw one question at end of the article which applies to me - appreciated.

I also wanted to ask that I recently got a renewed passport since old one was expiring soon. I don’t think that would still be a problem - correct? even though the old passport has a stamp with a different stamp as long as both the passports was with me during the travel.

Additionally, based on the tweets by the Travel - State Dept that states that if one is legally in the USA on a valid visa that person can apply for the stamping once embassy opens i.e. this proclamation doesn’t apply - is that correct?

A

How can i override State Department’s tweet information?

@Anil.Gupta

Can you please advise regarding the passport renewal?
I also wanted to ask that I recently got a renewed passport since the old one was expiring soon. I don’t think that would still be a problem - correct? even though the old passport has a stamp with a different stamp as long as both the passports were with me during the travel.

Visa stamp stays valid irrespective of passport expiry. Old employer visa stamp can be used to enter US.