Traveling while H4 and H4 EAD pending

I have valid H4 visa stamp till June 2020. My Husband’s employer filed for H1 ext, H4 ext and H4 ead concurrently along with H1B amendment. Can I travel to India for a month? What are the risks? Thank you.

hello Anil,
My husband will be completing his 6 years of H1 tenure in second week of nov 2020.
His employer is filling perm now. I have filled for his h4 and h4ead on August 19.
I was hoping uscis makes premium processing effective soon but looks like it is not happening now although the bill is passed and signed by president.

His employer gave an option to go india and work from there if client agrees to work from india.
I was looking for some help in how this can be handled so that he might not end loosing his current job.
can he go to india and work from there in november ??
How are the existing applications impacted the one I filled for his h4 and h4ead if he goes out of the country.
What do you suggest ??
He had a situation where tra

Hi Anil,

I have read the page. I just had 1 follow up question, I applied for my EAD this week for the first time and have valid H4 till May 2023. I needed to travel to India for 2 months. Do I need to wait for the receipt from USCIS confirming they have received the application before travelling ?

Its better to wait for receipt. There is no official guidance from USCIS as far I know.

Thanks Anil…Does it change the circumstances after you get the receipt and then travel?
Just trying to understand what is the difference in travelling before the receipt is received vs after understanding that there is no USCIS official guidance.