Travelling out of country without AP

I have a multi entry visa that is valid till 2022. I haven’t received my EAD and AP as yet. If I lose my job then do I become ineligible to travel out of the country. From what I understand I can either need a valid H1B visa or AP to enter the country. If I have a visa on my passport but no job can I re-enter USA?

You will be denied entry at port of entry if you do not have an active job for maintaining H1B status.

AP entry is a different ballgame and is allowed since i485 is pending.

1 Like