Trump Executive Order Suspend Immigration - Questions & Answers

This page has comments, questions and answers for

31 posts were split to a new topic: Trump Travel Ban Apr 22-2020 For immigrants - questions & answers

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: H1B Unemployment Benefits in USA - Questions & Answers

Hello Anil, can u pls let me know if this ban is applicable for my case where the h1b was stamped and it got expired in Jan 2020.

@Anil.Gupta

Regarding the proposed h1 ban… do you think it will affect cap exempt candidates (140 approved) looking for new h1 (last h1 withdrawn, residing in india hence consular processing) employer with valid visa for next two years for last employer?

Will they able to get h1 cp and travel on existing visa stamp valid for next two years?

Hi @priyanka_vaydande

As per current unverified information, the chances are high that you will be affected if you are currently outside USA and have no valid stamped visa in passport.

Hi @disquser

You might be allowed to travel if you have a valid stamped visa in passport.

Valid stamped visa on passport and outside usa will not get affected by executive order and can enter to usa anytime… Please correct my understanding if wrong…

A post was split to a new topic: Travel Ban: Will H1B 2020 Lottery Selected Application be Affected?

2 posts were split to a new topic: Travel Ban: Will Green card interview Appointment at US embassy be affected?

A post was split to a new topic: Travel ban: Change of status from F1 to H4 if the person is still in the US?

A post was split to a new topic: Travel Ban: File L1B to H1B COS even when H1B was approved as consular processing?

A post was split to a new topic: Travel ban: Affects H1B transfer in US, lost job and looking for change?

A post was split to a new topic: Travel Ban: Can I file H4 EAD if both H1b and H4 are in USA?

8 posts were split to a new topic: Travel Ban: H1B in US, H4 wife is in India, waiting for US embassy to open - can she travel?

Hi Anil,
I am in US with valid H1B till September 2020 and working for Company A. I am planning to move to Company B (one among Infosys,TCS,CTS). Will this order impact my wish to change the employer?

In addition, there will be limits on third party IT company hiring. So, people working in TCS, HCL, Infosys and similar companies should be ready to face it.

Hi Anil,
I am in US with h1, my wife is in india with valid Stamping till Jan 21, can she travel back.
Thanks
Murali

A post was split to a new topic: Travel Ban: Get F2 visa stamped in India if Spouse F1 already in US

Hi Anil, you haven’t talked about this section of the EO:
(b) The Secretary of Labor shall, in consultation with the Secretary of Homeland Security, as soon as practicable, and consistent with applicable law, consider promulgating regulations or take other appropriate action to ensure that the presence in the United States of aliens who have been admitted or otherwise provided a benefit, or who are seeking admission or a benefit, pursuant to an EB-2 or EB-3 immigrant visa or an H-1B nonimmigrant visa does not disadvantage United States workers in violation of section 212(a)(5)(A) or (n)(1) of the INA (8 U.S.C. 1182(a)(5)(A) or (n)(1)). The Secretary of Labor shall also undertake, as appropriate, investigations pursuant to section 212(n)(2)(G)(i) of the INA (8 U.S.C. 1182(n)(2)(G)(i)).

Do you think it will make Eb-2, Eb-3 process more difficult? more denials?
Thank you

A post was split to a new topic: Travel Ban: H1B, H4 in USA with valid Visa Stamps - Are we allowed to travel and renter?

A post was split to a new topic: Travel Ban: Can validity of H1B petition be increased after this Ban?