URGENT-H1B Visa Interview Questions for Internal Position with the current Company Or Client Company

Hello Everyone! I need your urgent help/experiences/insight on below H1B interview questions. Below is a little background of my situation:

My H1B petition was approved for Employer location and I have the Visa interview scheduled in 10 days. Currently, I am in India(working for employer ABC) and I will be working for the same employer(ABC) in the US at the USA ABC Employer Hub. This is more like a permanent position in the US for my current employer. I am currently working for client Xyz and this is new client, Client is hesitant to provide Client letter and SOW contract sign is in progress. I will be supporting my client XYZ from ABC location hub. For now, There is no tentative contract extension from the client as they are extending only for 3 months period. There are 3 questions which I am not sure what to answer if asked:

1. If the VO asks: “Will you be working for a client or Is this an internal project?” What do I have to answer? I am not sure if Internal project is the right word to use as it has been misused in the passed by Consulting companies.
    Or should I be presenting my case to I’m working for Client XYZ from my ABC employer location hub which is 20miles.
    Whereas I do not have any supporting documents from client side except MSA(no active sow and no client letter). I have filed petition for the I will be supporting ABC Clients from USA ABC Hub.So I’m direct employer for ABC and working directly as like I’m working from India support any xyz client. Basically I’m a full time employee and I will be supporting software related client needs from ABC location hub at USA.I will be a full-time permanent employee in the US.
    What shall I answer in this case?

2. If they ask for timelines of the project what do I have to say? My initial approval is for 3 years as I’m full timer and there is no specific end date as such.
    What do I say if they ask when will your project get over and when will you return?

3. My company processed my H1B. As I will be working for my current employer itself can there be a question “Why H1 and not L1?”. What do I answer in this case?
    Can they ask this question?

4. As my current employer and US employer are the same what do I have to produce for “Employee Verification letter”? Will it be a letter from my Indian HR or will it be a letter from my US HR? And what details do they expect in this letter?

5. I’m Married and have Kids , What should be my answer why you are not taking them with you. Honestly, it is due to covid and this is my first time to any foreign country to avoid any hiccups in onsite and to give a settle-down time for me. Secondly, my wife just joined a contract company for UK client after 5 years of gap(maternity). So it won’t be possible for her to travel without breaking the contract.

6. VO: what is your work location? What should be my answer, it should be the same as my petition which is ABC Hub location, not client location or any different thing.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Please provide your valuable feedback.

Wow, those are too many questions :slight_smile: . I am wondering if you discussed these questions with the immigration lawyer of your company’s US operations? If not you should.

I can only say that you should simply answer any question truthfully and only state the facts based on your H1B job and as stated in your H1B petition.

I have reached multiple levels Kalpesh. It is just a ball game from one team to another team… If I get support from the company why I should be reaching out to the platform. They are not helpful in any case. Even for every stage, the employee involvement is much needed to go else it will be stagnant for unknown reasons for months unless I escalate them to do their work.

This is my primary question: If i have solid answer remaining things I will be able to manage .

1. If the VO asks: “Will you be working for a client or Is this an internal project?” What do I have to answer? I am not sure if Internal project is the right word to use as it has been misused in the passed by Consulting companies.
    Or should I be presenting my case to I’m working for Client XYZ from my ABC employer location hub which is 20miles.
    Whereas I do not have any supporting documents from client side except MSA(no active sow and no client letter). I have filed petition for the I will be supporting ABC Clients from USA ABC Hub.So I’m direct employer for ABC and working directly as like I’m working from India support any xyz client. Basically I’m a full time employee and I will be supporting software related client needs from ABC location hub at USA.I will be a full-time permanent employee in the US.
    What shall I answer in this case?