US Citizen Sponsoring for his Parents

My son who is US Citizen and studied at India (since his KG) and will start working shortly at USA soil. he crossed 21 years. Please let me know if he can file I-130 application for his parents (residing at Chennai, India) as soon as he receive his first two payslips. Other than USA passport, he is not having any proof of identity and need to get it as soon as he lands at USA. can you please guide. If any RFQ/RFE received during the processing stage, as he will get his first Form-16 by the first quarter of 2022 and shall submit as the proof during the RFQ/RFE stage.

Please let me know the elaborate step’s on the filing step’s such as processing times, detailed procedures including minimum earnings for the financial support (needed for the USC to sponsor his Dad).

Yes, the US citizen child can file green card for their parents. Use below link for further details about the documentation.

SSN is required for employment. If the child is born in the US, most parents apply for their child’s Social Security number at birth , usually at the hospital. If SSN was not issued, it can be applied for at the local SSN office with the ID proof which in your case will be the US passport.

1 Like

He hold’s SSN card along with his USA passport.

So looks like he is all set!

Kalpesh D . thanks for the reply for far. My Qsn is Not yet over.

a) My Question is my son being 21 years old and a USC , is their any presence of any strict norms to have prior 3 years of Tax filing by the USC residing resident at US soil to file immigrant petition for his parents ?
b) Any mandated prior pay slip and mandated USD XYZ dollars is a must in his US bank savings/checking a/c for the USC to file immigrant petition for his parents ?

I don’t see any norms around the presence except for that the sponsor should be in the US.

Below excerpts from USCIS for income requirement for the sponsor. Please read through the link for more details.

You also must meet certain income requirements (whether you are a sponsor, a joint sponsor, or a substitute sponsor). You must show that your household income is equal to or higher than 125% of the U.S. poverty level for your household size. (Your household size includes you, your dependents, any relatives living with you, and the immigrants you are sponsoring.)

1 Like