USA Green Card Medical i485 Vaccination - HSA, Cost (Will Indian Records Work?)

Originally published at: https://www.am22tech.com/usa-green-card-medical/

A medical test report is required for everyone applying for a USA green card outside the USA using form DS-260 or filing an i-485 adjustment of status within the US. How to Get Medical Report? #1 Visit the USCIS official list of doctors. Only a civil surgeon designated by USCIS is allowed to give you…

Anil, thank you for great information. One question I have is my birth certificate has initials instead of full name. Will that be a problem?

Hi @Rupa_jha

Sending medical report form i693 is optional with i485 filing. You can wait for USCIS RFE.

@anil_am22
Is medical report required when filing i485 in “Filing Date” chart? When you apply in “Filing Date” my assumption is, we will not be called for an interview. So i am guessing it is optional and we can do it when the PD becomes current in “Action Date”. Is my assumption accurate?

I have a question related to Medical(693). My Wife is pregnant she can’t take the vaccination shots, Dr will write up in the 693 form comments, But the question is will that cause any 485 denial/delays/RFE since she does not have the vaccination record in 693 form?

It depends on the USCIS officer. They may send an RFE to do the medical again when she is healthy and is ready for tests.

Thank You Anil

2. Pregnancy or an Immuno-Compromised Condition -

Some vaccines are, in general, not medically appropriate during pregnancy. These vaccines will likely be marked as contraindicated on Form I-693 if the applicant was pregnant at the time of the medical examination. [9]

The civil surgeon may annotate in the remarks section that the applicant did not receive one or more vaccines because of a contraindication that is based on pregnancy or a condition other than pregnancy. The reason for the contraindication may be annotated by the civil surgeon on the Form I-693; however, if it is omitted, the officer does not need to issue a Request for Evidence (RFE) solely for that omission as long as the contraindication is marked in the vaccine chart.

An officer should also never issue an RFE for additional vaccines if the applicant is no longer pregnant at the time of the adjudication of the adjustment of status. As long as the vaccination assessment was properly completed by the civil surgeon at the time of the examination, the vaccination assessment can be accepted. In other words, if a woman did not receive certain required vaccines because she was pregnant at the time of the medical examination, and the contraindication box is marked by the civil surgeon, the applicant is not required to get those vaccines later at the time of the adjudication.

Likewise, some vaccines are not medically appropriate for applicants who have an immuno-compromised condition (such as HIV/AIDS or a weakened immune system because of taking certain medications) and may be marked by the civil surgeon as contraindicated. [10]

In the case of an immuno-compromised person, the officer should never issue an RFE for additional vaccines even if, at the time of the adjudication of adjustment of status, the applicant is no longer immuno-compromised. As long as the vaccination assessment was properly completed at the time of the examination by the civil surgeon, the vaccination assessment can be accepted. The applicant should not be required to get the missing vaccines later at the time of the adjudication

1 Like

Hi Sandeep, I am in same situation as you mentioned above. what happened in your case? Did your I-485 got approved or did your case got RFE because pregnant wife couldn’t take vaccines?