USCIS i539 form Biometric Fees (B1/B2, H4, L2 Extensions)

Originally published at: USCIS i539 form Biometric Fees (B1/B2, H4, L2 Extensions) - USA

Form I-539 Biometric fees are USD $85 for each applicant separately. You have to pay a $370 fee per i539 form. A, G, and NATO nonimmigrants do not need to pay Biometric fees. USCIS will reject the Form I-539 application submitted without bio-metrics fees. You do not need to send the biometric fees for H4, L2, and E2…

Hi,

H4 extension was filed online and now I see biometrics appointment letter uploaded to my USCIS account.
My question is can I use this letter to go for biometrics or I need to wait for official hard copy from USCIS?

In the appointment letter available on my USCIS account I see below instructions:

WHEN YOU GO TO THE APPLICATION SUPPORT CENTER TO HAVE YOUR BIOMETRICS TAKEN, YOU MUST BRING:

1. THIS APPOINTMENT NOTICE and
  2. PHOTO IDENTIFICATION.

You can use the appointment letter uploaded to your USCIS account for the H4 biometric.

Thanks, it helped, we were able to attend biometrics with uploaded letter in the USCIS account even before the time mentioned on the appointment letter.

1 Like

As per the latest, as of 17 May 2021, USCIS suspended the biometrics submission requirement for certain nonimmigrant applicants filing the Form I-539, Application to Extend/Change Nonimmigrant Status - Extension of stay in or change of Status to H4 nonimmigrant status;

But your website says it is mandatory and will be rejected if biometrics fees is not included, please correct it as it misguided or correct me if I am wrong

Thanks for highlighting the mistake.

Yes, the USCIS has suspended biometric for 2 years.

We will add this information in the article.

So just for my confirmation, if we are filing H4 Extension for Spouse and Child together then the fee would be $360 right not 360+85+85, please confirm.