USCIS Medical Interfile with Barcode for Pending i485 (Send without RFE)

Originally published at: USCIS Medical Interfile with Barcode for Pending i485 (Send without RFE) - USA

You can send the i-693 medical form without RFE and request USCIS to interfile your sealed health record with the pending i-485 application. This same interfile letter can be used as a cover letter to send with your medical RFE. Since it has your receipt barcode, USCIS can easily scan it and find your file…

5 Likes

Do We have to go through our company immigration lawyers to send this or individuals can send out the letters themselves?

1 Like

You can send it yourself as i485 is a personal application.
Only i140 is employer application.

1 Like

Do we need to send Husband and Wife in one Mail or separate mails with cover letters?

1 Like

You can send in one mail.

2 Likes

Are you sure about this interfiling medical without RFE? Medical exam is valid for 2 yrs but there is 60 day period which is unclear what that is…

For the medical report, you may wait until CIS requests the report or schedules an interview before making the appointment. It may be some time before the medical report is needed- we advise clients to wait to avoid needing to get a second medical report if the first expires before USCIS asks for it.

1 Like

Once i693 form signed by the doctor, it is valid up to 60 days for submission to the USCIS. Once USCIS receives it within these 60 days, the report is considered valid for 2 years.

It is recommended to interfile the medical for employment based cases and especially Indian and Chinese EB2 and EB3 as they have long backlogs and no guarantee that dates will stay current or not.

Their chances of getting ahead in the queue increase if their medical interfile is accepted.

2 Likes

Great thanks! Would I need to go thru my company attorney to file or can I send the sealed envelope to USCIS myself? Also how to find address to send?

1 Like

All information about i485 medical interfiling including sample letters is available in this article.

thanks for the helpful article to generate cover letter. Can you also suggest what to put on the package like ATTENTION or something else , so it will make it to correct department.

1 Like

While sending the mail to USCIS, is there any specific ATTN or something I need to mention while submitting interfile? Thanks Anil

1 Like

What if the form gets misplaced or gets lost? How to guarantee that this separate form gets included in the petition?

2 Likes

The I693 goes to the NBC processing your I485 so it needs to be addressed to I485/Adjustment of status.

1 Like

There is no guarantee, you just send and then pray that it will make to your file.

Do you all know anyone who has done Medical interfiling and it worked?
When we asked our lawyer, she said they don’t recommend doing this.

How would that make a difference to your attorney’s thought process?

1 Like

It will not change the attorney’s thought process but will definitely help me taking the decision if I should go for medical interfiling.I personally don’t know anyone who has done this process so I asked.

People are doing it. You should be convinced yourself to go ahead.

1 Like

Hi, Is it okay to interfile before dates getting current. I am anticipating my dates to be current in 2-3 months, so can I do interfile?

1 Like

Yes you can do it in advance of your PD getting current.

3 Likes