USCIS Premium Processing is 15 Working Days - Questions & Answers

This page has comments for article:
https://www.am22tech.com/uscis-increase-fees-premium-processing-time-days/

What’s the point in increasing fees for H4EAD when they don’t even process the cases for months? I mean…seriously?!

So if we file H1, H4 and EAD at the same time a single payment of 2500 will be enough or should we pay 2500 for each application that is 7500?

The exact rules are not clear yet as this is a congress bill. Once it becomes a law and then USCIS publishes the detailed rules, we would have more information about how multiple related applications will be handled and how the fee distribution would be.

At this time, it does seem to me that they may require separate premium processing fee for each type of application i.e. 2,500 separately for H1B, H4 and H4 EAD.

But, it may change or be different for H1B + H4 + H4 EAD combination. I will share as and when the concrete information is available.

H4, L2 EAD expedite Request Not Required
Well, the H4 EAD and L2 EAD will get the most benefit as they would not be required to file an expedite request.

They can simply file premium upgrades and avoid the USCIS discretion of expediting based on strict reasons.

L2 EAD to H4 EAD
Many people change from L2 to H4 and want to avoid work breaks and this should help them too.

H1B to H4 and then Back to H1B after lay off
The H1B 60 day lay off grace period and then changing over to H4 and coming back to H1B will certainly see a huge bump.

It would be interesting to see how premium processing can be done with biometric requirement for H4 or concurrent filing of H1-B and/or H4 and H4-EAD.

If we pay $7500 in immigration cost for premium is this can be filed under tax filing as expenses? Is this allowed ?

As the premium is not mandatory cost to be borne by employer.

I don’t think premium processing fee is tax deductible.

Hi Anil, What are the chances of bill getting approved in senate.

Hi Anil,
Do we know if this bill has passed?Has premium processing been extended to H4/H4 EAD as well?

The bill has not passed yet. There is no premium processing for H4 EAD as of today.