USCIS Visa Bulletin Sep 2023 Employment Green Card Dates

Originally published at: USCIS Visa Bulletin Sep 2023 Employment Green Card Dates - USA

Date Movement & Predictions

1 Like

Hello everyone,
MY i-140 has been approved on Feb 2020 under EB3 skilled category and my priority date is Aug 2019. At this time there is a retrogression going on. As per the visa bulletin, the current filing date is Apr 2019, and the Final decision date is 15 Apr 2018. Any idea when the filing date will be current?

Thanks,
Rashed

Hello kind folks of am22tech,

Hope you are well and staying safe. Thank you for reading this post and helping. In the October 2020 visa bulletin, I noticed that the date of filing is now ahead of my PD which seemed liked good news. Given that I have an approved I-140 in EB2 for last few years, I reached out to my employer’s legal team to file for I-485. They said this:

" USCIS has not yet announced whether it will accept I-485 applications under the October “Dates for Filing Chart”

On researching, this seems to be true. The October visa bulletin says:

Blockquote
Unless otherwise indicated on the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) website at www.uscis.gov/visabulletininfo, individuals seeking to file applications for adjustment of status with USCIS in the Department of Homeland Security must use the “Final Action Dates” charts below for determining when they can file such applications. When USCIS determines that there are more immigrant visas available for the fiscal year than there are known applicants for such visas, USCIS will state on its website that applicants may instead use the “Dates for Filing Visa Applications” charts in this Bulletin.

Then on going here, it says:

Blockquote
For Employment-Based Preference Filings:
For all employment-based preference categories, you must use the Final Action Dates chart in the Department of State Visa Bulletin for September 2020.

So it is clear that date of filing is quite useless right now. All that matters is date of final action.I am eagerly waiting for their October 2020 decision but I am curious what other community members have experienced in recent past. Have you see USCIS recently accept applications based on date of filing becoming current? @anil_am22’s article here seems to leave it open ended as far what “date” he is referring to under section I-485 Adjustment of Status when it says

Blockquote
Form i485 has to be filed by your employer if your PD date is current.

Thanks again for your attention to this topic.

Hi,

For EB2 priority date Dec 2016, what is the prediction for date of filing to become current

1 Like

Hi Everyone,

How late can the filing chart dates be used to file for I-485 application? Basically, My perm just got approved with my new employer and with a priority date of June 30, 2014, so I’m wondering if I can use the Oct 2020 visa bulletin dates to file for I-485 application. The current bulletin (Apr 21) has retrogressed in EB3 to Jan 2014, so wanted to know if I can take advantage of Oct 2020 bulletin now.

Please share your insights.

Thanks,
MR

Hi Folks, Do we have any slim chances that EB2 ( My PD: SEP 13,2011) will be current in FY2023?

Appreciate your ideas/thoughts.

Or I have to downgrade from EB2 to EB3?