Using I 140 receipt number to extend H1b beyond 6 years

Hi @anil_am22 ,

My I 140 approved , but current employer is not willing to share the approval notice. Also for my FOIA request , USCIS responded by saying that they can’t find the record since it is already send to National visa center. I have the I140 receipt number and NVC case number.

So can my new employer use just the receipt number for H1b transfer ,to extend it beyond 6 years?


New employer should be able to file H1B transfer. A copy of i140 is usually sent but if you can’t get it, then use the receipt number and a cover letter to explain rhe situation.

Hi @anil_am22 , Thanks for the response . Can we raise FOIA with National Visa center or any options to get the petition from NVC ?