Visa Approved, form 221g admin processing 2019 Archive

Ok thanks a lot Anil, hoping to get that very soon!!

1 Like

Hi @kumuda_chowdary

I am just guessing that they may be verifying Employer details.

They may or may not be doing so.

Hi @kumuda_chowdary

There is no fixed timeline but for cases like yours, it is taking about 8 weeks at this time.

There is no option other than waiting.

Do you work for a consulting company or direct client?

1 Like

Then, chances are good that US embassy is verifying your employer credentials.

Thanks a lot @Anil.Gupta hoping to get this soon, really appreciate your quick responses!

Hi Anil,

Can we contact Embassy through my Attorney to see why issuing my Passport is getting delayed this much time? or Do you want me to wait for 60 days (its been 49 days as of today) and then ask my attorney to send an email?.

Hi @Kellilo

You can expect your US visa stamped passport within 7-14 working days.

Hi @Anil.Gupta

I attended the interview on aprl 9th and got blueslip and returned my passport asking for additional document of petitioner tax filing for two years and my employer submitted the documents on same day of my interview.

last updated date was aprl 17th and till then i dont have any update and it is still under ap and it is almost like 60days.

How long it takes to approve?

Hi @thatguy7

ok…so, you extension details look good to me.

You have not mentioned as to when your i94 had expired.

I am not sure why there is a delay now what are they really checking. But, with the documents US embassy had requested, it seems they have doubts on your i94 or violation of legal status.

Hi Anil,

Its been 60 days I have submitted my Passport for stamping and I haven’t heard back anything from Embassy. Is there an email that my Manager could send?. If yes, Could you let me know that.

Hi @Anil.Gupta I just saw the update, Visa is issued :grinning: so it took sometime (31days) but finally I have got that, really appreciate the work that you are doing and guiding folks like us who are going through a lot of stress and confusion! Thank you so much!!

1 Like

Hi @Anil.Gupta

I am healthcare professional MD- My H1 was premium processed and I got an emergency appointment approved with the consulate.
Interview Date: 4 June
I was issued a green 221g slip. No documents were asked from me and the VO took my passport and the slip said “Your application needs additional administrative processing. This office will contact you via email.” My training program starts on 1st July. How long do such cases take?

Hi Anil,

Finally after 61 days (on June 13) I got an email from Embassy saying that they need some information regarding the Encounter I had in 2013 with CBP. I have provided the response with Information on Saturday. How soon can I expect any response from Embassy?.

Hi @thatguy7

Congratulations. Do share the website with your friends if you think it helped.

Hi @rpatel

Cases for admin processing without any additional documents to submit are taking between 14 to 30 days at this time.

Hi @Harish779

What is this encounter about?

Hi Anil,
It was about some fine I paid in 2013 for not mentioning food items clearly.

Hi @Harish779

This is really new. I have not heard of any such scenario before where US embassy is asking for such encounters while approving visa.

Not declaring food items is considered a petty thing. Are you sure it was only about food items?

These kind of cases may take more than 30 days at this time as US embassy will send this request to CBP for verification.

Hi Anil,

I think they doesn’t know why I paid the fine, So I was thinking they want to confirm what was the fine paid for?.